Hi GJRobert,

> I see. IE10 cannot even parse :before and :after correctly? That sounds
> horrible. If IE has this limitation, will it improves the situation on it

This compatibility chart...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh781508(v=vs.85).aspx

Says that with ie9 all of the following are supported...
*:before*
*:after*
*:first-of-type*
*:last-of-type*
*:only-of-type*
*:only-child*

Anyhow, this is what it looks like in ie 10...

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-EGxyHdVdyrM/Ujg8aWlgtsI/AAAAAAAABPc/M0av3chIrZ8/s1600/problem_ie.gif>
Seeing how the background image of the *tp *is properly displayed, I
concluded that *data://* URLs are working and that it must be a problem
with something else.

I thought there might be something in ie that allows certain
(pseudo-)selectors to only be allowed for white-listed elements.
Considering how HTML knows no tp, tl, ti and ts... so, I tested it using
DIVs with classes... to no avail, see here...

http://tbdev.tiddlyspace.com/#NodeTreePlugin

So, right now, I'm not sure what the problem is in ie... or what is
failing. All I see in the devtools is that the corresponding css is
displayed as strikethrough.

>From the point of Web standard, I agree that safe elements are more
> feasible. Since all I did in sketching this plugin was just looking at the
> TiddlyWiki core list formatters and see if there is an easy door to extend
> and implement something simple in the similar way, I may need more studies
> in how other plugins handles to create more flexible and ideal elements.
> Hope that I can catch up soon :-)

Not sure what you mean with more flexible or ideal elements. Sure, I'd
prefer elements people know, e.g. span or div.

Alright. I'll explain how my graffiti works soon and maybe we can see how
> this plugin may be re-written to meet a standard and better rationale.

Not sure if it needs exhaustive rewriting or just a simple swap of lines.
Take your time, for now it works in the environment I work with.

Best wishes, Tobias.