Hi,

Quoting Felix Küppers <felixkuepp...@hotmail.de>:

Hi @ all,

what @ihm4u has created is really inspiring and I can tell it has
involved much thinking. It's great to see somebody developing cutting
edge solutions for TiddlyWiki (tidgraph, twexe)!

Thanks

Regarding Mario's criticism:

I agree with ihm when he says that all binaries in the world are
potentially dangerous.

BTW, TiddlyDesktop also includes an untrusted binary, NW.exe
If you get rid of Microsoft named "untrusted" software you will not have
99% of the open source software in windows.

However, I can understand that Mario issues a warning because:

Second, there is actually a binary file that is not auditable called
twexe.res – so even if I checked and compiled the code myself, I would
not know how this file behaves (maybe your IDE created this file or it
contains a thumbnail image?).

This binary file is generated by the Lazarus IDE, those that have done windows development
know it's a 'resource' file, and it does not contain executable code.
I don't even need to have it as part of the source code because it is generated by the Free Pascal tools, you can check yourself free pascal resource files here:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Resources#FPC_resources

I just happen not to have it listed in the .gitignore file, so it got included in
the project.

To verify that it is not dangerous you can delete it and recompile the project
and you will see that it gets generated by the Lazarus IDE.

In any case, great project/idea, thanks for sharing, and sorry for the
criticism – it's just precaution.

Yes, I understand we need to be really careful here. My only idea was to make
TW5 much more user friendly.

-Felix

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/20151217184106.Horde.9ZuQggE2xpnKI0fV5z2JrKd%40www.newsfromgod.com.