There is a heat conductive rubber gasket material for automotive use...It's the higher frequency mechanical thumps you need to get rid of.
Don

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stan, W1LE" <stanw...@verizon.net> To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" <time-nuts@febo.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:30 AM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Vibrations

Hello Raj,

I integrated a Symmetricom model X72 Rb into a Down East Microwave (DEMI) chassis and it does experience microphonics. This was for a friends 10 GHz transceiver used for portable work.
So getting rid of the microphonics is important.
Somehow I need to mechanically isolate the Rb from the chassis and still have a heat sink.

Stan, W1LE

Raj wrote:
While comparing a Rb FE5680 frequency reference with another RB or GPSDO I find that tapping a Rb unit causes a sudden shift in the scope display meaning the frequency has slightly shifted momentarily and locks back steadily with a phase shift. This does not happen in another Rb FE5680.

Would something be loose I wonder ? Any experiences?

Cheers