Hi guys,

No need to build the atmel toolchain, it's easier to grab to binary
version. I used the v3.4.3 for a few times, I didn't have any problem.
Actually, it's not that easy to build the atmel toolchain as it was in the
winavr days, the libc howto is for the gnu version, it won't work with the
atmel source without hacking. Atmel's buildscript is quite complicated:
http://distribute.atmel.no/tools/opensource/Atmel-AVR-GNU-Toolchain/3.4.3/build-avr8-gnu-toolchain-git.sh

Andris