Rip 'n all --
Yes, that's very nifty. (I think maybe we talked about a
similar trick,
 in Sept '97 when Mike Scoles wrote:
>http://pw2.netcom.com/~sleight/interactivemagic.html..
oh, just checked,new location -- click the rabbit at
http://trendy.org/magic/interactivemagic.html

It suggests an interesting paradigm, but I can't quite think
what it is.
Sometime student of mine Paul Forestell went on to Hawaii
(years ago)
asked dolphins if they could remember what wasn't there
among a
group of things chucked simultaneously in their tank
(beachball,
surfboard, etc. - 7 things, I think).
Somewhere between the one-time magic trick and the many,
many trial
dolphin trick, there must be a memory or human cognition
preparation.
Probably well-known to some tipsters, but not me. Studies
about
remembering what's not there, you mnemno-experts?

-David

RICHARD PISACRETA wrote:

> You have to try this!!! It is cool!!!
> Then explain how it works.
>
> Rip
>
> >http://www3.mcps.k12.md.us/users/rsfay/magic/index.html

        David G. Likely, Department of Psychology,
        University of New Brunswick
        Fredericton,  N. B.,  E3B 5A3  Canada

History of Psychology:
 http://www.unb.ca/web/psychology/likely/psyc4053.htm