Donette wrote:

> The ongoing debate with Sylvester is tiring.  I can only imagine the
> energy that must go into it on a daily basis.  I have a lot of respect
> for Linda Woolfe.  But is this the best way to use time and energy?  If
> Slyvester is so bored maybe he could do some volunteer work and see the
> real world.  Time to step out of the ivory tower where everything you
> say is considered worthwhile and given respect because you are dealing
> with students.  Students do humor us because of their perceived ability
> to influence our assessment of their scholastic performance. Peers
> constitute a much more realistic world, listen to them.

        There _is_ an obvious solution to the issue, Donette. Post something of
interest to the group and participate in the thread that develops.

        Often the only threads going are those started by Michael, or ones with
relatively little direct relevance to the teaching of psychology.
Personally, after this many years on the list, I don't mind the break at
all--I think we would all be bored senseless if every post here dealt with
teaching psychology alone (or would have left the list long ago). From my
perspective Michaels posts, while admittedly biased in nature, _do_ tend
to provoke some excellent threads and some sophisticated discussions.
Clearly, from my point of view, they--and Louis' marvelous commentaries on
the social condition--offer at least as much value as do any postings on
teaching psychology. If you don't see them that way perrsonally, then the
logical response is to start a thread on a topic you _do_ have an interest
in--and simply delete the threads you don't care to read. That way, you
will have the opportunity to read messages of interest to you, while
others (such as myself) will have the opportunity to read those of
interest to us.

        Rick
--

Rick Adams
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"... and the only measure of your worth and your deeds
will be the love you leave behind when you're gone."

Fred Small, J.D., "Everything Possible"