> From: "David Wasieleski, Ph.D." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Master's Level Assessment courses
>
> Ok I know this is a longshot, but if any TIPSters are involved with
> master's level (or even doctoral level I suppose) graduate programs in
> clinical psych, what is the rationale for making Intellectual Assessment a
> prerequisite for Personality Assessment? We're looking to abolish the
> prerequisite so that students entering in the spring (we allow entry in
> any semester) can take personality assessment (which is only offered in
> the spring) immediately and progress more efficiently through the program.
> My dept head suggested we find out what others in this area do, and thus,
> my strange request.

Not a strange request, but it seems to be a strange policy.

The masters level students at this institution take both courses, but there is
no sequence (neither was there a sequence in my doctoral progra, for what
it's worth) involved.

I would waive this requirement -- it is restrictive, and further, I can see no
rationale in having a student take intellectual assessment first.  It's not like
there is material in intellectual assessment that the student has to have in
order to move on to personality assessment.

Good question.  Anyone else?

Jim Guinee, Ph.D.  Director of Training, Counseling Center
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Psychology/Counseling
                            Dept. of Health Sciences
President-Elect, Arkansas College Counselor Association
University of Central Arkansas
313 Bernard Hall    Conway, AR  72035    USA
(501) 450-3138 (office)  (501) 450-3248 (fax)

"When you are angry, do not sin; do not let
the sun go down on your wrath."  Ephesians 4:26