Hi-

I had two questions today in class-both very general that I should
know-but I don't.  I was wondering if someone could help.

1. Why does hitting your head very hard cause you to black out?

2. How much does the cerebrospinal fluid in brain weigh and how much
weight does it remove from the brain.  ( I teach that one function of
this fluid is to make our brains lighter so that we can support it.  A
student noted that adding liquid also adds weight -I said that the
addition of weight was probably overridden by the subtraction of weight
by the liquid ending in a net result of more weight lost than gained-
and I told him I would try to find out how much weight the fluid adds
versus takes away.  I hope I was close on that one!)

Thanks in advance,
Steffen Wilson
Eastern Kentucky University