Since I know many TIPSters don't read attachments (some by choice, others
by hardware/software limitations), I thought I would pass along Christine's
message pasted into the body of a message. My apologies for those that
receive two copies of the message, but I wanted to make sure everyone got
the announcement.

At 01:18 PM 9/22/1999 -0400, Cubby, Christine wrote:
>Attachment Converted: "E:\GMT\Current\Mail\Attach\Barneys listserv annc_.doc"

And the attachment says....
Announcement for Teachers of Psychology

The APA Education Directorate is pleased to announce the following events
for teachers of psychology:

· TOPSS Workshop for High School Psychology Teachers
· Sixth Northeastern Conference for Teachers of Psychology
· New England Psychological Association (NEPA) convention

The TOPSS workshop and the Sixth Northeastern Conference for Teachers of
Psychology will be held on Friday, October 22 nd.  Teachers are also
invited to attend a series of invited presentations, symposia, paper
presentations, and posters that will be included in the programs offered at
the NEPA convention at the University of Hartford on October 22-23, 1999.

Call for Posters:  Teachers of psychology at all levels are invited to
submit proposals for poster presentations related to teaching psychology
for the Northeastern Conference for Teachers of Psychology.  Send a
500-word abstract either by mail to Barney Beins, Department of Psychology,
Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY  14850, by fax (607-274-1925), or by email
([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  The winner of the Best Poster Award sponsored by the
Society for the Teaching of Psychology will receive a stipend of up to $500
toward travel to the 2000 APA convention in Washington, DC.  The deadline
for submissions is September 27.

Registration and World Wide Web information is available as follows:

Teaching conference and TOPSS Workshop:
http://www.ithaca.edu/beins/nectop/sched.htm

NEPA web page:
http://academics.stonehill.edu/psychology/nepahome.htm

For additional information, contact Martha Braswell in the Education
Directorate at (800) 374-2721, ext. 6140.