AHHH!
but on my sample paper on p. 258 the whole shebang of title, author,
affiliation is just one double space below the running head.

And then it says to center the text for the title and then it says
to center the text for the author and the affiliation after a double-
space--suggesting to me it is left to right!

more opinions solicited
annette

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Rick Froman wrote:

> Annette Taylor writes on 17 Nov 99,:
>

> > On the title page, where, going from top to bottom do we put the
> > title of the paper, the author's name and affiliation. I seem to
> > remember from somewhere that it is supposed to be "near the top"
> > but cannot find a reference for that in my manual.
> >
> > My APA manual does say that it should be centered, but I believe
> > that means left to right, not top to bottom. According to my
> > students the other faculty member insists it means centered
> > top to bottom and right to left.
>
> The APA manual says "centered on the page" (p. 249) which I take to
> mean from the left and right and top and bottom.  If they just meant left
> and right, I think they would have left it with "centered".  The sample
> paper on p. 258 also shows it centered on both dimensions.  So take
> that for what its worth (which is about what you paid for it).
>
> Rick
>
> Dr. Rick Froman
> Psychology Department
> Box 3055
> John Brown University
> Siloam Springs, AR 72761
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.jbu.edu/sbs/psych
> Office: (501)524-7295
> Fax: (501)524-9548
>
> "Happiness is not found by searching, but by researching."

Annette Taylor, Ph. D.
Department of Psychology                E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of San Diego                 Voice:   (619) 260-4006
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA  92110

                "Education is one of the few things a person
                 is willing to pay for and not get."
                                                -- W. L. Bryan