For the past few weeks I've occasionally posted news reports of recent
research in the neurosciences. I said I would let people in on the
secret source when I could.  I can now.

Our mystery neuroscientist and sometimes TIPS-subscriber is the noted
researcher Marc Breedlove, whose recent provocative work (in which he
gives science the finger) can be admired at

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/03/30/MN25703.DTL

and many other places as well.

The news items are culled from the world's press by Marc himself and a
team of volunteers, and should be of interest to anyone doing research
or teaching in physiological psychology and/or introductory
psychology. I haven't kept track, but they seem to be arriving at a
rate of about one per day. The service gets my three-star rating and a
thumbs-up as well. One arrived even as we speak, " Songbirds Teach
Scientists About Rhythm of the Mind". See what you're missing?

news list, email the command:
subscribe biopsychology
in the text (not the subject line) to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Stephen

Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC
J1M 1Z7
Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy
           Check out TIPS listserv for teachers of psychology at:
           http://www.frostburg.edu/dept/psyc/southerly/tips/