>I need to cite powerpoint as the software that I used to present
>stimuli for a study. Can someone remind me the proper way to do
>this since there is no 'author' per se.
>
>Annette Taylor, Ph. D.

I don't think you need to cite powerpoint any more than you need to cite
the manufacturer of the computer you run powerpoint on or the company that
puts out a Fortran or C+ program used for programming experimental events
on a computer.  Similarly, we don't cite the Publication Manual or the
statistical software package used for data analysis.  These are simply the
tools or apparatus we use and are identified as needed in the Method or
Results sections.  (I expect the presentation created in powerpoint for
stimulus presentation is authored by _you_ .)

If you want to include a citation for powerpoint, the way to do it would be
to cite it with a corporate author.  This is the way the APA Publication
Manual gets cited in texts.

Claudia

Claudia J. Stanny, Ph.D.                e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Psychology                Phone:  (850) 474 - 3163
University of West Florida              FAX:    (850) 857 - 6060
Pensacola, FL  32514 - 5751

Web:    http://www.uwf.edu/psych/stanny.html