Rob, Medical schools will sometimes donate them or offer them at reduced
rates, no matter what the profession Stephen  ;-)  , especially if you
have a contact.  But I've gotten them through Med schools without
contacts.  Also, Carolina Biological sells sagittal sections in Formalin
for under $50  (1-800-334-5551; www.carolina.com). I know you can get
whole brains from other bio supply companies for $300-600, but I can't
remember right now.

Good luck,
Dani'

-----------------