On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] went:

> 1)Does anyone know of a good non-hysterical source of information on MDMA
> ("Ecstasy") - a website, article, etc.?

There's no single source I find satisfactory.  For a _mostly_ OK
rundown of the potential risks, there's the National Institute on Drug
Abuse (www.nida.nih.gov/drugpages/mdma.html).  For a _mostly_ OK
reminder of the potential benefits, there's the Multidisciplinary
Association for Psychedelic Studies (www.maps.org/research/mdma).

> 2)Is it possible to have too much serotonin in your nervous system?
> Would the result be, let's say, mania?

I've answered this one on TIPS before.  The posts are archived at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/tips@fre.fsu.umd.edu/msg06633.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/tips@fre.fsu.umd.edu/msg06683.html

--David Epstein