> > Believe it or not, I have a comment under consideration in a
> > psychological journal which uses the phrase "get off your fanny".
> > A reviewer has commented "the author might care to note that the
> > term "fanny" is slang for vagina in some English speaking
> > countries".

I have heard it is so in Ireland, as well.

This emerged when the Irish sister-in-law of a friend of mine saw a
billboard for the popular New England discount fashion barn, "Frugal
Fanny's."

Robin Pearce          "The wit of a graduate student is like champagne.
Boston University                   Canadian champagne."
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      --Robertson Davies