Michael Sylvester wrote:

> Dale Earnhardt was killed in an accident during the Daytona 500.
> We had a few reflections about this heroic and NASCAR many championships
> in my Psych Class this morning.
> One student comment was that he died in what he loved doing the best.
> I raised the issue that some of the Nascar drivers seem to be involved
> in the shared environment of stock car racing.Families,bothers and
> children all seem to follow in that sport: Bobines,Jarret,Waltrips,
> Allisons,Pettys and others.
> We were unable to deduce that Stockcar genes were involved.
> One student raised the issue if it was possible to clone
> A Dale Earnhardt and maybe have that same type of sportmanship
> a few years down the road ?

    That's what MZ twins are - clones. Compare r(mz) and r(dz) - double the
difference to estimate h^2. I know of no twin study that estimated h^2 for
stock car racing, but we have h^2 for many personality traits. The fact that
h^2 >0 in all cases makes it reasonable to infer (not deduce) that h^2 for
stock car racing and other facets of thrill seeking have a heritability
greater than 0.

John W. Kulig                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Psychology             http://oz.plymouth.edu/~kulig
Plymouth State College               tel: (603) 535-2468
Plymouth NH USA 03264                fax: (603) 535-2412
"What a man often sees he does not wonder at, although he knows
not why it happens; if something occurs which he has not seen before,
he thinks it is a marvel" - Cicero.