out. I don't know yet on what kind of study/design it's based upon.
Unfortunatelly it's in French. For those who do read French: it's from Alice
Miller, and it's called "Libres de savoir, sur l'enfance d'Hitler" (editions
Flamarion). You can check the site at www.alice-miller.com
The article quotes yet another book by Jacqueline Cornet called "Faut-il
battre les enfants? Relations entre les accidents et la violence éducative"
Ed. Hommes et Perspective 1997.
Of course we will find cultural biases at the root of such reserches.
Isn't it in Sweden (and I know there are other countries as well) that
spanking is forbidden and punished by the law?

Ever tried to discuss it with your students: for me it's always been
edifying to see how they tend to reproduce their parental models. Good topic
to discuss experimental designs, the impact of researches in psychology on
mentalities, the use of research to justify one's representations,
ideologies or line of conduct...
Greetings form Switzerland. It's our second week of school. Good to see
students again.

Philippe Gervaix