From: TLS <tls-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of Salz, Rich
<rsalz=40akamai....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Date: Thursday, 20 April 2023 at 21:17
To: tls@ietf.org <tls@ietf.org>
Subject: [TLS] "Notes" column in draft-ietf-tls-rfc8447bis?
I’m starting to write the draft about TLS 1.2 being frozen.

It occurred to me that every TLS registry might need a “notes” column.  If
someone defines a new crypto algorithm, sat AEGIS being considered in CFRG, we
want to assign it a number but have a note saying “only for TLS 1.3 and later”
We could make it be a simple yes/no column, like “Pre-1.3?” but I think that’s
needlessly terse.

Does that make sense?