> I asked my new neuro if I should be checked for MS (TMer since 2001)this year
> and he said I was too old (I'm 63) to get MS.  He also said there was no need
> for me to come for annual checkups!  Is that true?  He was a jerk and I'm
> looking for a new doctor.

 Peachy,

Great Idea! It is never too old to be diagnosed with MS and many other
diseases.  I know of a lady who was diagnosed with MS at 76 y.o., also know of
many people who get diagnosed with heart disease, cancer, stroke, parkinson's
disease, Althheimer's, etc., etc., etc. in their 70's and eighty's.

My mother is 92 and has degenerative joint disease.  Two years ago she had two
new hips put in.

My mother has a complete physical every year, so do I, you should too!!

Some of us in this group may live to be over 100 y.o.

Don't listen to jerks, and if you have enough energy, call the state board of
registery in medicine andd tell them about the jerk.  It's people like your
jerk who give doctors a bad name.

My two Yuan