Yes, bowel control is a huge issue. My neurologist also told me to try to do exercises much like us women would perform the kagel exercise only try to squeeze and hold the rectum muscle for a few seconds. I can't say that it has helped 100% as I also have some accidents...only my BM's are usually firm and roll right out when I set down on the pot. LOL! (Gotta have some humor with this crap!) And I do emphasize "usually", but not always. Sometimes I have had some real messes. I have had TM since June 2005 and just now starting to get out and go places with friends. For a single, active, dancing mid age lady, the bowel control has been a major factor in holding me back from my social life since I got out of the wheel chair. I certainly do not have the mobility to dance like I use to, but I can still slow dance.

Funny that you should list this question this weekend, because I just started tracking my BM's. I placed a little tablet in my bathroom that I record the times of my BM's so I can see how scheduled or spuratic they are. I carry wipes and undergarments with me to work. I might also add that I have to take Senacot, Colace and Miralax to keep them moving.
Carol in Culver, Indiana

From: "Deb Casey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [TMIC] loss of bowel control
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 17:26:19 -0500 (EST)

Hi Sue. I don't what your situation is, but mine is partially paralyzed from midchest down. My neurologist has told me that bowel training is what we need to do, which is trying to be very scheduled in your bowel movements. I try to do mine every other day. he suggested every day but I hate it, so every other day is even too much for me!I have noticed that different foods effect my bladder control, but haven't really noticed any foods effecting my bowel patterns, or lack thereof! I still have 'spontaneous' bowel movements but they are much farther apart than they used to be. Good luck with it! DebC in MI.--- On Sat 01/21, Sue Zieke &lt; [EMAIL PROTECTED] &gt; wrote:From: Sue Zieke [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:23:34 -0600Subject: [TMIC] loss of bowel controlany suggestions for embarrassing loss of bowel control? it doesn't happen that often, every 2-3 weeks but is soooo embarrassing. please help. sue

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.