HI!!
I TOOK ORAL BACLOFEN FOR 5 YEARS AND IT PRETTY MUCH DESTROYED ANY MASS OF MUSCLE I HAD IN MY LEGS,IVE BEEN POST TM SINCE FEB 2000,LAST YEAR I SPENT 10 DAYS IN THE HOSPITAL WITH LIVER PROBLEMS,MY BLOOD PRESSURE WAS THROUGH THE ROOF AND MY SUGAR WAS OUT OF CONTROLL,I WAS TAKEN OFF THE BACLOFEN AND IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS EVERYTHING STARTED TO REGULATE AND IVE BEEN OK SINCE THEN,WITH THE ACCEPTION OF THE MUSCLE LOSS,BACLOFEN CAN BE A WICKED DRUG AS FAR AS SIDE EFFECTS,ie:MUSCLE LOSS,FATIGUE AND WEAKNESS.I HAVE A BACLOFEN PUMP NOW WHICH PUTS THE MEDICATION DIRECTLY TO THE INJURY SITE IN A LOW DOSE SO IT BYPASSES EVERYTHING ELSE,SYSTEM WISE.I WOULD EXPLORE OTHER OPTIONS BEFORE CONSIDERING THIS MED.THE SIDE EFFECTS CAN BE WICKED.I STARTED THE SAME WAY YOUR HUSBAND DID WITH THE WEAKNESS AND FOOT DROOP,AND HAVE WHEELCHAIR BOUND SINCE SUMMER OF 2000.IF HES RELAPSING THEN THE DOCS WILL START LEANING TWORD MS,TM CAN HAVE A FLARE UP OF SYMPTOMS, THERE ARE NO RELAPSES! OF TM IT IS USUALLY DIAGNOSED AS MS AFTER A SECOND TIME.THERE COULD POSS BE SOMTHING ELSE GOING ON.THE FIRST THING IS YOU NEED TO FIND A GOOD DOCTOR THAT UNDERSTANDS THE DISEASE AND HOW IT WORKS.THIS WAS MY FIRST MISTAKE,NONE OF THE LOCALS UNDERSTOOD WHAT THEY WERE DEALING WITH.PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT AND PLEASE FIND EVERY RESCOURCE OUT THERE,AND FIND A BETTER NEUROLOGIST.
                                                                                      JEFF
                                                                                  CENTRAL NY
                                                                                       USA

PS:DID YOUR HUSBAND GET A FLU SHOT BEFORE THE ONSET OF HIS SYMPTOMS? IM JUST CURIOUS TO KNOW.

Poonam Mahadev Thapa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi

I am new on this list and not a patient but my husband has been suffering from TM since Nov 04. He made very good progress uptil June 05 and was walking fine(!) upto a distance of almost 800 meters without support. But then he had a urine infection with fever and E. Coli stuck on to his bladder bringing in recurrent infections. That made him very weak in the legs and since then he has been deteriorating in strength. He is travelling to India to get checked up again as Kenya is way out and the Neurologist is not familiar with the disease. He says it is a relapse of TM. Is that possible?

He had drooping left eyelid on and off for about a month then it stopped to droop on its own completely.

After that he seemed to have foot drop and that went with physiotherapy and T! ENS and the physio felt it wasn't foot drop at all.

He barely had spasms initially and now he walks on springs it seems. He is on Tizanidine and Gabapentin.

Anyone going through with urine infectons? We are trying cranberry extract and Uva Ursi alternately and have just come across D Mannose. Anyone ever used these herbal medicines? Do they have any side effects?  Ae they compatible with Neurontin/Gabapentin or Tizanidine / Baclofen?? Any ino or ideas about it???

regards to all
Nima

DIPLOMACY DOES NOT
WORK WHEN DEALING WITH