Hi Sue,

Please let us know what Dr. Kerr has to say about your history after you have seen him. It will be very interesting to see his take on all this.

Heather in Calgary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sue Zieke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:27 AM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] TM or MS

marie, your story certainly struck a chord with me. i was dx with tm in may 2000. one lesion c2-c6. none in my brain. sept 2005 my neuro repeated brain mri, i have 10 plus lesions in my brain, she tells me absolutely i now have ms. then 2 weeks later as we talk again she changes her tune after reviewing an mri i had in 2002 when i had pneumonia, which was not of good quality as i couldn't hold still because of the pain, because it too showed changes in the white matter of my brain, then they called them insignificant. she says because there hasn't been any other big symptoms it might not be ms. i did have an episode of not being able to initiate swallowing a year ago. so she ran more tests, evoked potentials on eyes and brain stem, another lumbar punch, neuropsych testing. no more signs of demylenization so for now it's not ms. the neuropsych testing did show marked decrease in memory which could be a sign of ms, but not without other symptoms she says that some people over 50, i'm 53, get these lesions in their brains, just a part of aging, i guess. i really felt yanked around emotionally. but am glad she changed her mind and didn't go ahead and put me on the ms drugs. i have an appt in may to see dr kerr and am looking forward to getting another opinion on this. sue