> When I get muscle spasms (generally at night), I usually take an extra
> calcium pill and it works.

sally,

I used to get up and take a medication for spasms, but then one night aafter a
couple of pints at a party, i woke up to go to the bath to void, i noticed that
i had no spasms during the rrest of the night.

so then, i tried just getting up- feet on cold floor, standing, walking 20 feet
to the bath, voiding, no meds- and returning to bed, and no more spasms for the
rest of the night.

my next step was to forgo the voiding, and still no spasms.

conclusion: just getting up, walking around cures my spasms.

Physiotherapy on a regular schedule helps me too