I had an uplifting doctor appt today.
My PCP of 35 yrs retired unexpectly after hip surgery so I've been on pins and
needles while his office has been covered by other doctors.  I had an appt
today with the current doctor-of-the-month.  My old doctor's staff spoke highly
of this temp  so I was willing to meet and "interview" him.  Imagine my
surprise when he walked in with my file and after introductions asked how my TM
was diagnosed, what my original symptoms were, and if the underlying cause was
known.  He asked about my steroid treatment and if I had plasma (exchange). He
KNEW all about TM.  He had diagnosed it in a patient 2 years ago.  She had
lupus before TM.
He was as interested in learning about my TM as I was in checking him out.  I
think I've finally found a doctor whom I won't have to teach the ins and outs
of TM.
He has his own practice so I can transfer to that office.  I feel like the
biggest burden has been lifted.  I had a gnawing fear of going to emergency and
not having an answer to the who is your doctor question.
I am switching from Prozac to Elavil to see if I get additional pain relief.
We also discussed changing from Baclofen to Zanaflex at a later date.   Please
pass on any good or bad experiences with Elavil or Zanaflex.
Patti - Michigan