I got AOL cheaper by telling them I was a member of AARP.  I don't know if you are old enough for AARP or even a member.

Hildred

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 02:39:41 EST
Subject: Re: [TMIC] AOL OT,OT

Thanks for all the info on email accounts.

I now pay about $24 for aol unlimited use.  But as I'm on leave without pay - and the state may not hold my position too much longer (which will mean I'll need to pay more for my health insurance, too), and no signs of going back to work too soon, I need to really watch it.  I already have yahoo, also, but seldom use it b/c it seems so much slower than my aol email.  And I still need to pay for internet service with yahoo, anyway.

My son, who thinks I'm paying too much for dial-up) suggested I try Netzero ( http://www.netzero.net ).  Has anyone heard of it?  He said it's only $9.95 mo.  I'm always afraid to try new things, esp. concerning the internet, as I'm fairly computer illiterate.  He's never tried it b/c he has Roadrunner, or one of those more expensive ones - he wouldn't mess with dial-up.  :)  But then he's a well-paid software engineer, who's not on medical leave!

Sally