SOY, FISH OIL MAY HELP PREVENT HEART ATTACK

Taking daily supplements of fish or soy oil may improve
cardiac function and protect against heart attacks in the
short-term. The study results, published in the journal
Chest, point to soy oil increasing heart rate variability,
a measure of cardiac autonomic function. "Our findings
contradict the current belief in the medical community that
increasing the intake of omega-3 fatty acids produces only
long-term cardiac benefits," says lead study author, Dr.
Fernando Holguin of the Emory University School of Medicine
in Atlanta. "In fact, our study group showed improvements
in heart function in as little as two weeks."