In a message dated 4/22/2006 7:55:47 A.M. Hawaiian Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
For those of you who can ambulate, do you notice increased numbness in your
legs the longer you are up on them?
I don't recall from back when I was walking more, if it did or not. (I had worked up to about 1 mile.)   I kind of regressed from doing too much, and barely walk to the mailbox now, for the last month.  I finally started going to chiropractic, which is slowly easing the pain from walking too much when things were out of alignment.

But yesterday when I went, he seemed to do more (too much maybe), and got more movement in my back and hips, but afterwards I felt kind of funny - even light headed, and didn't have the sense to lay down until I felt good enough to leave the office.  I had to walk to a store in the next block to buy groceries and then meet the Handi-Van.  By the time I got there, my legs, from the knees down, were so tight and numb, I honestly thought I was having another attack of TM!  Of course, my panic probably made it worse!  Later I realized it must have been more related to the spacticity, than to a replay of the original attack because I didn't lose my ability to walk.  But today, they are still numb from the knees to the instep of each foot.  And that was the most I'd walked in the last month.

Could it be that, for you too, things are a little out of line, and when you stand or walk, it's putting too much pressure on the wrong places?  (Who knows - this TM stuff seems to have no rhyme or reason, sometimes.)  For me, my left leg was my good leg, and so it had to compensate for what the right leg couldn't yet do.  My spine, at my waist, and my left hip paid the price.  But I'm confidant that the chiropractic will help resolve things, so I can get back to walking - normally!

Does it last long, when it gets numb?

Sally