I too was on Baclofen, Zanaflex and Neurontin. I was able to stop the Zanaflex about 5 months into TM. I have also cut down the Baclofen and the Neurontin to 1/2 of what I was on 2 years ago. It has made quite a difference in my fatigue being able to cut down from 3600mg of Neurontin and 80 mg of Baclofen to 1800 to 2400 of Neurontin and 30 to 40 of the Baclofen. I no longer need an afternoon nap. I am somewhat less comfortable with the pain but the meds still take the edge off.

Heather in Calgary
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 5:10 PM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] More questions

I've had TM for 2.5 yrs and reread the "Patient Counseling Information" sheet that comes with my meds just to remind myself of some of the bad effects. The sheet for Baclofen says to check with doctor ASAP if you experience weakness of arms or legs. The sheet from Neurontin/Gabapentin says to check with doctor ASAP if you experience decreased coordination. My neuro confirmed my daughter's observation that I looked wobbly and drunk after I took my meds. I cut back 25% on both the baclofen and neurontin and have better coordination
and less memory loss.
Patti - Michigan

---- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Dear Nima,

I have had Tm for almost four years. I too have been getting considerably worse in my pain, walking etc. I have been on Bacloen, Tizanidine and Lyrica all at separate times. I found all of these medicines to make my muscles in my legs much weaker. Actually I was walking like a drunk all of the time. As soon as I came off of each medication (within a week) the muscles in my
legs were much better and I  certainly was walking better.

In reading the posts for other people, I have not read where anyone's
symptoms got worse and it seems that most people have had not trouble with any of the above medicines. I am taking neurotin and that does not bother me but am
not sure if it helps.

Ann in Virginia