Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 4:04 PM
Subject: [TMIC] Questions about weaning off Neurontin

Does anyone have advice on weaning off Neurontin?  I've decided I must do so because of the high cost.  I'm on the Medicare drug plan and the Neurontin is so expensive that I'll soon reach the first level.  (then I would have to shoulder the cost of the next $3600....can't afford that).  I'm on Baclofen since January and it's helping me.

And, no, I have not discussed this with my doctor.  :)

I normally take 3200 mg. a day.  I started reducing my dosage slightly last week--down 400 mg. a day.  Yesterday I reduced it even more.  But I am having some additional mild cramping and mild pain in the cramping areas.  It's not bad but is noticeable.  I am also extra numb from head to toe.  Now the numbness could be from the heat since it's been hitting 112 plus for several days now.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Sharon
TM 1997 to MS 1998

Sharon --from Arizona TM 1997 to MS 1998
It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line.  ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Do you Yahoo!?