Hi Rosalie,

I don't live anywhere near New York.  However, I agree that sometimes we go to more doctors than we need to.  I am one of the walking wounded - use cane, walker, wheelchair for shopping mall or long distance.  So, in this case I am not that 'badly' affected.  Still have some bladder problems but do not require a catheter.  I feel very fortunate.   The one thing I do know from reading here and talking to my doctor is that after the initial treatment with the heavy drugs it seems to me that a person is treated with something to help control the pain and then just keep trying to move every day.  I find that in the warmer weather like now, I cannot go out in the hot sun for very long at all.  But- I do like the warmer weather as my joints are not as stiff - unless I do too much.  If I can keep busy around my home with flowers (in pots on decks), sewing that I'm doing today, or just keeping my house tidy then I don't dwell on my nerve pain as much.  I know this is not the answer for everyone or maybe no one else but me.  I do think that once I accepted that this is my life and just get on with it now.  My life as I knew it before is forever gone.

Heather in Calgary
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] RE: tmic-digest Digest V2006 #80

Hi Bernie,   I live in Woodbury and am seeing a neuro from North Shore Manhasset Hosp.  I was taken ill this past Sept.  As of yet not really diagnosed.  First thought it was GM, then TM or a spinal cord stroke.  This Neuro (Jeffrey Nelson) took on my case after all the neuros in the hosp. threw up there hands.  His greatest advice to me was get off your butt and do therapy.  There is no cure for any of this, so get out there and work your butt off at therapy.  8 mos. later I am able to get around with a walker but not well.  Just now considering a power chair and getting a special minivan.  After reading all the back and forth e mails from everyone on this list, I have come to  the realization that the drs. really do not know what to do with this.  Most people have gone to too many drs. with no real results as far as I am concerned.  Be interested in hearing your take on this.  Take care,  Rosalie

Checked by AVG Free Edition.