> If I did decide to get the transplant, the organs would not be
> removed from the donor until after the person has died naturally of
> the disease.  The doctors would not do something to cause the person
> to die so the liver/lungs could be transplanted before my organs
> fail. So a life would not be taken just to extend my life.
>
> The process of extracting stem cells from an embryo will cause the
> death of the embryo.

Jim,

So sorry not to include that the donor is "Brain--dead", a in a Vegetative
state- being kept "Alive" by various machines.

And that gets us back to the question of when is someone "alive".

Usually the patient is affirmed, by three physicians, to be "Dead." before
transplant.

This is a difficult question that physicians have to decide frequently.

Frank