Hi Michelle,
As you see we really are a nice group, all of us, and I am sorry about the other emails. Probably a bad pain day.

When I became disabled I got help from my state government. I do not know if all states are the same, but in Pennsylvania there is a state department that I imagine one could say oversees insurance companies in the state. And, if you call them they will also help advice you about some of your options.

I too went with BlueCross/Blue Shield as it seems they must insure anyone. Eventually, I went on disability and so now have Medicare and AARP for my supplemental insurance.

I have lesions on my spine and brain, but the doctors cannot decide just what all is going on. Yesterday, I had another test for lymes and am hoping that may be part of my problem.
Natalie Boyles

I did a lot of searching for insurance companies after my 29 months of COBRA continuance ran out.  My husband is also self employed, our insurance always came through my employment.  See if your state has a Blue Cross/Blue Shield program.  It was the insurance program that we chose for my husband, however, it does not have RX coverage.  I was unable to find anything for him with RX coverage.  No one understands the worries that this causes until they face it themselves.  His doctor has given him drug samples and I just started buying one of his perscriptions from Canada.  We were fully insured for 37 years and now we are asking for help.

Patti   Michigan