From: Alton Ryder [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 21:11:06 -0400
Subject: [TMIC] lifts for power wheelchairs

I just got a shiny new Quantum 600 from Pride Mobility. I like this
chair a lot - it is more maneuverable than my manual and more narrow,
too. But it weighs a ton; Betty cannot toss it into the station
wagon. :)

We can't afford a van, wouldn't like the milage if we did, so we will
keep the Subaru station wagon. I'm thinking of transporting it with a
tailgate lift, using a cover to keep the snow/ice/rain off it.

I need some advice/feedback from those who have bought a lift. Which
one? Am I on a correct path?

Alton, zapped in NH this morning by the latest killing frost I can
remember 28°F this morning.

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.