Hey Wendy, my name is Hildred and I was hit by TM in  5/76.  It started with
bad back pain, slow walking, chest cold, then a high  temp and muscle spasms
in the large muscle in the thigh.  I walked into the  hospital because I hadn't
pee'd in two days but got paralyzed from the chest  down very quickly.  I
stayed there til September when I came home with a  walker.  By January I was
back at work just having to hold onto rails going  up and down the steps.  I
was
living in Virginia at the time but think I  contracted the chest cold in NC.

Now here we are 30 years later and I am unable to walk  again.  This still I
started with falls, lots of falls, which caused a  broken bone. torn
ligaments, etc.  I haven't found a good neuro here by I  have high hopes.  I
have been
to rehab once here and to a nursing home once  after they found blood clots in
my legs.

The only diagnostic test they did in Va was a spinal tap and  the
neurosurgeon said MS but neurologist who followed me for 5 months said TM  and
he had
taught at two medical schools.  I don't know what to think, it  is really
getting
me down this time.  I don't have the patience to just lie  in bed all day
every day.  I hope there is an answer soon.

Frustrated,
Hildred
Charlotte, NC