Heather, Hope you are feeling better. I had TM for 24 years before finding this group. I have become close too several members and just feel like we really are one big family. I don't write much but just knowing everyone is out there makes me feel as though someone understands. Hope 2007 turns out better than it started for you.

Larry in Oklahoma where it is really cold and icy, and mom & puppies are OK

Larry Throne, MSW

From: Heather & Pieter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TMIC] slow
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 15:13:47 -0700

I have the e-mail here and I also every day check the TM Message board.  I try to help out with a few answers now and then to the new people who come on board with TM.  There are more and more of us all the time.  At least there is somewhere to turn for answers for our questions about this condition which doesn't seem to have a lot of answers coming from the doctors when you are first diagnosed.  Just the diagnosis and that seems to be it in the beginning.

It sure was comforting to me to find this TM Association website and to my husband too.  He was the one at home for 2 months with me in the hospital and he tooled around on the computer and found the site.

This past week I have been very sick with the Norovirus the vicious stomach virus that is going around all over the place.  I ended up in hospital on Sunday night/Monday morning after throwing up for about 6 straight hours.  I ended up having 2 1/2 bags of intravenous given to me to 'top up my fluids'.  This is now 7 days later and I'm almost feeling 'human' again.

In the beginning I was not able to take any of my pain meds and it took me until yesterday to finally have my legs back to the numbness that I'm used to.  The rest of the week they were terrible with the old pain, touchiness etc all back with a vengeance.  It has made me realize that the pain meds do work for me and I know the strength that I need to take.  I'm ever so grateful to have the access to them.

In Canada we are having problems with too few hospital beds and too little staff there to run the hospitals so after the ambulance took me to the hospital at 5 a.m. on Monday morning I still had to sit in a very uncomfortable wheelchair in the ER waiting room for another 4 1/2 hours holding my barf bag and having my hubby wheel me to the bathroom over and over again.  It was not a very good day.

I was on the actual bed in the ER for another 8 hours being 'topped up with fluid' until they sent me home once I could handle water by mouth.

It has been a bad week.

Hope no one else out there with TM (or anyone for that matter) gets this awful virus.  Even the doctor told me it was a very vicious one.  Not deadly (but you almost wish you were dead) but vicious.

Heather in cold and snowy Calgary
where I'm still recovering and eating only very liquid diet.  oh yum.