Reading Naomi's story of being paralyzed in 15 minutes and remembering my own sudden onset,

http://www.myelitis.org/tmic/archive/17/0091.html

"Initial symptom was a feeling of pressure in the right kidney
after dinner [500 miles from home.] Ten minutes later my legs
were "on fire"; another fifteen minutes and I was paraplegic
with severe back pain."

I believe that those of us stricken in such a short time were the victim of infarctions in the spinal cord, not infections or autoimmune disorders. My CSF was clear, so I did not have an infection.

I had been asking for a heart attack. I had had a career under intense pressure, my blood cholesterol was 260, and I had been sitting in the car for 10 hours. I was lucky it was in my spine and not in my brain or heart. [I would have preferred more a bit of muscle in my butt.]

Many years ago I had paid attention to the onset time of our group. If I remember correctly, about ten or twenty percent of us had episodes of an hour or less.

Comment?

Alton