Hello Everyone, I have not been on line for about a month. I am so sorry to
hear the stories about the pain, numbness and other problems that many of you
are having. Hang in there it has to get better!!

Refresher:   I was diagnosed with TM from the head of Neurology at Temple
Hospital in Philadelphia at the end of Oct. 2006. I believe he felt it was TM
through process of elimination. All of the doctors there at first felt it was
an
AVM. But after two angeograms the AVM was never found, therefore TM.

PS:   My MRI and spinal tap did not show TM!!

On January 31st I had an appointment with Dr. Greenburg at Johns Hopkins in
Baltimore. As of today I do not think he believes that I have TM. He too thinks
I have an AVM and that the doctors at Temple missed something. Since Jan.
31st his team, Neurology, Radiology, Neuro-surgery, etc. are still reviewing my
films and CDs. I was supposed to hear from Dr. Greenburg last week. Nothing
yet. But I am being patient.

My symptoms are still the numbness from the waist down to my toes. Paying
special attention to my feet, thighs and butt. The worst is the inability to
urinate on my own. I have not gone on my own since Sept. 21st when I entered
the
hospital for a 6 week stay. Now I am cathing 4-5 times a day.

I am not in any pain other than the bottoms of my feet and my but when I sit
on a hard surface too long. I work out in my basement at least five times a
week. I am stronger but not better!

I don't think my friends understand that. They see that I can walk now with a
cane. Sometimes without the cane. (Short distances). They look at me and say
I look great and it is hard for me to make them understand that I am numb from
the waist down 24/7. And I am tired of explaining it!

I hope Dr. Greenburg calls soon with some answers. Not knowing is difficult.

Everyone take care and keep fighting!!

Mark
Marlton, New Jersey

 AOL now offers free