From: Alton Ryder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 7:40 PM
To: TMIC list
Subject: [TMIC] Zap - sudden paralysis

Reading Naomi's story of being paralyzed in 15 minutes and remembering
my own sudden onset,

http://www.myelitis.org/tmic/archive/17/0091.html

"Initial symptom was a feeling of pressure in the right kidney
after dinner [500 miles from home.] Ten minutes later my legs
were "on fire"; another fifteen minutes and I was paraplegic
with severe back pain."

I believe that those of us stricken in such a short time were the victim
of infarctions in the spinal cord, not infections or autoimmune
disorders.  My CSF was clear, so I did not have an infection.

I had been asking for a heart attack.  I had had a career under intense
pressure, my blood cholesterol was 260, and I had been sitting in the
car for 10 hours.  I was lucky it was in my spine and not in my brain or
heart. [I would have preferred more a bit of muscle in my butt.]

Many years ago I had paid attention to the onset time of our group.  If
I remember correctly, about  ten or twenty percent of us had episodes of
an hour or less.

Comment?

Alton