When I had mine, first they had me go to the bathroom and  empty my bladder
as much as I could. Then they cathed me to see if there was any  urine left, to
see if I was retaining any. Then they put sensors all over my  nether regions
so they could see which muscles were working, filled my bladder  with water,
then had me sit on this special chair with a hole in the seat and  what looked
like a big measuring bowl with measurements marked on it underneath.  Then I
was supposed to try to urinate, and the sensors made this little graph to
show what was working and ho the flow was going (I tend to have a stop and
start
pattern rather than a steady flow), and the measurements in the vessel
underneath let them know if as much was coming out as they put in, again, to
see
if I was retaining. At some point, I can't remember if it was before or after
or  in a separate appointment, the urologist did a physical exam.

Overall it wasn't fun, but it wasn't horrible.

Barbara H.
_http://barbarah.wordpress.com/_ (http://barbarah.wordpress.com/)

In a message dated 3/7/2007 10:15:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,