Marie,
I'm the one that suggested it - my pharmacist recommended it.  He also
recommended that I order it online, which is cheaper.  (I'm sure you could get
it at a heath food store, though.)
I too had terrible trouble sleeping, which is why I tried the GABA in the first
place.  For  awhile there, I was staying awake for two days in a row about once
a week.  I was turning into a real zombie!  But then if I took drugs to sleep,
I didn't feel 'right' during the day - I was spaced then too.  The pharmacist
told me I could take just a little of 2 different things so I wouldn't have
such a 'hangover' during the day, and I found 1/4 GABA Calm and 1.25 mgs
melatonin to work good.  However, I found that if I took it for too many days
in a row, I got too relaxed.  But then, I'm very sensitive to meds.  So be
careful, listen to your body, and check w/your pharmacist before you combine
anything you're not sure about.
Here's the 2 places that I've ordered from.  The orders from have arrived in
Hawaii in 4 or 5 days, regular shipping, so I would think it would be faster on
the mainland.
www.vitacost.com/Source-Naturals-GABA-Calm-Orange-Sublingual  has 60 sublingual
tablets for $8.15.  I think there shipping on the mainland is a flat rate of
$4.99, which makes it much more worth it if you order several things.
www.betterlife.com/prod_list.asp?   (the '?' is supposed to be part of the
address, but won't highlight - but it might work w/out it)  For 60 tablets
(same brand) they charge $9.59, and have a $5.00 shipping charge.  But they
also offer different sizes - one is 30 tablets for $5.10, if you just want to
try them w/out buying so much.  (I usually go with this company because the
other one charges me an extra $5 to ship to Hawaii.)
Of course, on the mainland things are cheaper, so you might be able to find
them in a store and not need to pay shipping.  But what I've ordered from
VitaCost has been about half price compared to the stores here.  On the other
hand, if I'm only ordering one thing and they charge me $10 to ship to Hawaii,
it's cheaper to pay the store price - it depends on how much I'm ordering and
who has what I need.
Good luck,
Sally
  • [TMIC] GABA Marie Wimberly