In a message dated 3/6/2007 5:41:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I  believe that those of us stricken in such a short time were the victim of
infarctions in the spinal cord, not infections or autoimmune disorders.   My
CSF was clear, so I did not have an  infection.

Hello Alton and All,

Mine onset was more than short term...I had gotten up  in the morning,
showered, did my hair and make-up, felt great...got dressed,  buttoned the
first
button on my shirt and before I could get to the second one,  I was on the
floor
in the most excruciating pain I had ever had.   I  made it to the bed and
within five minutes I was paralyzed from the tips of my  toes to my armpits.

The pain was so bad that with every heartbeat I swear  that bright red bolts
of lightening were shooting out of my eyes.  I know  they really weren't, but
it sure felt like it.

That was five years ago and nothing has  changed.

Peace and Prayers,
Jude
http://www.aol.com.