You have to bear in mind that the pain is generated from nerves in the spine - and not nerves at the site (i.e. where you are numb). It is just *perceived* to be in the leg, because the spinal nerves damaged are the the ones that control sensation for that part of the body.

Personally, I get pain in my right leg (and some slight numbness) - although the source of the pain is damaged nerves in the spine. Even if I chopped my leg off - I would *still* get pain in my right leg.

It's weird shit - that's for sure!

James

Kevin Wolfthal wrote:

What's hard for me to understand is that I have pain in places that are
also numb.  One doctor called it similar to 'missing limb' syndrome,
where people who have lost limbs still feel pain in those limbs.

Kevin

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I am always surprised and admittably envious to hear of a TMer who does have pain. I always ask myself how this is can be possible. I know we are all different, but this is one difference I really don't understand.

Patti - Michigan