SINCE WE SEEM TO HAVE A BUNCH OF DRUGGIES HERE-KINDA REMIINDS ME OF THE '
60 'S - I SEND THESE OUT FROM TIME TO TIME IF I THINK SOMEONE OUT THERE
MIGHT BE INTERESTED.

BOOB

Withdrawal - Study Results Showed Patients on Drug Had Higher Risk of
Serious Cardiovascular Adverse Events

> MedWatch - The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program
>
> FDA notified healthcare professionals and patients that Novartis has
> agreed to discontinue marketing Zelnorm, a drug used for the short-term
> treatment of women with irritable bowel syndrome with constipation and
> for patients younger than 65 years of age with chronic constipation. FDA
> analysis of safety data pooled from 29 clinical trials involving over
> 18,000 patients showed an excess number of serious cardiovascular
> adverse events, including angina, heart attacks, and stroke, in patients
> taking Zelnorm compared to patients given placebo. Patients taking
> Zelnorm should contact their healthcare professional to discuss
> treatment alternatives and seek emergency medical care if they
> experience severe chest pain, shortness of breath, sudden onset of
> weakness or difficulty walking or talking, or other symptoms of a heart
> attack or stroke. Healthcare professionals should assess their patients
> and transition them to other therapies as appropriate.
>
> Read the complete MedWatch 2007 Safety summary, including a link to the
> FDA Public Health Advisory regarding this issue at:
> http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/safety/2007/safety07.htm#Zelnorm

> To ensure delivery of these timely alerts to your in-box and prevent
rejection of the notice by a spam filter, please add our MedWatch address,
[EMAIL PROTECTED], to your address book.

> Thank you for using FDA MedWatch as a trusted source for timely safety
information on drugs, devices and diagnostics regulated by the U.S. Food
and Drug Administration. If you find this e-mail notification helpful,
please consider telling colleagues and friends about MedWatch and this
e-mail notification process.  They can learn more and subscribe to the
e-list at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.

http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/feedback.htm