> ... Foley catheter ... constant  [UTI] ...

I have managed to self-insert a Foley for years without an UTI. I do it by drinking ~15 glasses of water each day and by drinking a large glass of 27% cranberry juice each morning. It has its downside - I empty a liter leg bag two to three times a day and still put almost two liters into the bed bag. An upside - I don't get up during the night.

Alton