'Can you walk around without shoes? I cannot… I do have a balance problem but
the different floorings, (rug, wood, etc. ) really bother me… and then if I
step on something I don’t know about it for awhile, then I finally realize I’ve
stepped on a pin or something left on the floor and then finally the pain
registers… but it takes awhile. I walked around with a penny in my shoe… it
took me a long time to feel the pain.. That sort of scares me."
Actually, I feel like the carpet sort of 'fits' to the contours of my feet and
helps my balance.  But also, I have a small townhouse so there's always a wall
or a piece of furniture close by to grab onto.  If I go out, I walk best in my
walking shoes b/c my balance isn't that good.  But I do remember a couple
months after I first got TM (5/05) when I found a piece of glass in the callous
of my foot!  You're right - that's a little scary!
Sally