Natalie said 'I was wondering what type of affect you have on your body in
T6-T8?  Numbness, pain?  Are you able to walk.  I've always wondered when folks
get TM in 2 or 3 levels of the spine how it is.  If you don't mind, I'm just
trying to educate myself on TM.  I have it from T12 down and in a w/c.  Did you
have Rehab in your state?'  Natalie, I never thought of this as being '2
levels' b/c they said 'between T6 and T8'.  But what do I know?  :)  The
paralysis was only from below my right rib cage, down.  On the left, I wasn't
paralyzed, only numb skin.  My skin is still numb in many places on the left
side.  On the right, I was able to wiggle a little muscle in my knee about the
3rd day so they sent in the PT's, and improved from then on.   The only 'rehab'
I had was in the hospital, where I stayed 2 weeks after being diagnosed.  I
could walk with a walker when I left the hospital, but it was REALLY SCARY!  I
only did what they made me do - like they couldn't understand how hard it is to
put weight on my right foot when I couldn't even FEEL my right foot!   But now
I can walk fairly well - even without a cane, though not too fast or for too
long.  Feeling and balance and (most of all!) endurance vary from day to day,
week to week.  Even during the day, I might feel close to normal in the morning
but feel like I can barely move or think at night!  But at least I can walk.  I
gave up my wheel chair after 6 months, but really only used it for going places
(and to hang my shopping bags from!) - never used it in the house after I came
home.  As for pain, I had none at first since I was numb, but as feeling slowly
returns, I feel more and more pain - but seldom bad enough to take meds, other
than 1 or 2 8-hour Tylenol so I can sleep.  So I know I'm lucky - but I still
understand the frustration of not being able to function normally - especially
since I haven't been able to return to work yet!   Best of luck to you in your
healing,Sally