I agree, Tim, with both this and your last post about God  having a purpose
in everything.

This type of thing -- non-TM related posts -- comes up from  time to time. I
do think they are helpful -- as others have said, it lifts some  of the
depressing things so many have to deal with and helps us see each other  as
rounded
individuals and not just TMers.

It can get out of hand -- I don't think it has in the  recent e-mails. But in
times past it has been brought up that all of these are  stored automatically
in the archives and can confuse things to new searchers and  take up
bandwidth. So those are factors, plus the fact that some are limited in  their
reading
time or can only read at work, etc. There was a time when we put  OT for
"off-topic" in posts like that, but we've gotten away from it, and of  course
new
folks wouldn't have known.

But I do think a little banter is good for the soul.  :)

Barbara H.
_http://barbarah.wordpress.com/_ (http://barbarah.wordpress.com/)

In a message dated 7/12/2007 2:41:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,