I am about to switch to an electric chair from a manual chair. I have so far
narrowed my choice down to a Shoprider 10Runner. The primary reasons are, it
has a very tight turning radius 21.5inches. It only weighs 192 lbs so I can
lift it with the crane in my pick-up which I use for my my manual chair. The
crane will lift 250 Lbs. Also, the chair has a weight capacity of 300Lbs so I
will have some growing room which hopefully I want use. The other thing is this
chair disassembles into three parts with the heaviest part being about 35lbs
for the batteries. This will allow my wife to put it into the car if necessary.
However, the salesman told us that taking it apart and reassembling is much
harder than it looks i.e he does it all the time so he tends to make it look
easy. If anyone has any feedback negative or positive I would be interested in
hearing from you. They are supposed to bring it to me on Monday so I can try it
out in my home before I purchase it. By the way it is Medicare approved subject
to a prescription from a doctor. For any of the chairs I would recommend that
you go to the manufacturer's website and read the specifications for the chair
and if available the owners manual. I know I learned a lot about the Shoprider
by reading the owners maual. Things like battery maintenance and charging, the
limits on inclines and curbs the chair could negotiate safely, off-road use,
and etc............Cody in Austin