Barbara A.,
  Thanks for the info.  I've used a loaner since March, but this is my own.
It's an ultra-lite, but not a ridged back, has like a ridged front is -
metallic blue in front.  Nice looking w/ tube arms.  I really was not going to
have the folding back but I think it is easier since we don't have a van & just
an Avalon to take me in - it might not fit to get it in and I was concerned
about that.  It has the pneumatic tires on it, but they put something else in
them to  help if one were to hit a nail, it all wouldn't go flat.  I love the
ride of it and being all thru Wal-Mart the other day made me realize how smooth
a ride it is.  It has a short front to the seat area clearance, so I am close
to the front and it would be easier for me to land on the floor.  I take it
very carefully coming down from the bed w/ it.  Our bed is higher than the
chair.  I haven't transferred out of the new one on my own.  I think it would
be harder as this front is so different.  Have a nice day and
 hugs back.  Thanks, Natalie M.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:       Hello Natalie,

  Getting a wheelchair, whether manual or electric, can be quite an adjustment
mentally.  It was something that we had to get used to when I was in in-patient
rehab, both inside the building and outside in public.  But, it only took a bit
of the sting out.  It takes time.

  One thing is that you seem to see yourself differently.  You also do not see
as much above your eye level when out in public, unless it is far away from
you.  I actually hate going shopping with my husband, as he rushes by things,
and always forgets what I do or do not see.

  There can be positive aspects too.  You may be able to do things that you
have struggled to do as you can sit down and move about.

  Just give yourself some time to adjust.  I think that you will, and I know it
is not the way you envisioned this part of your life.   It's not mine either,
but it's what you make of it that counts.  Hang in there, and you can unload
and vent any time you need to.

  Hugs to you, Barbara A