Sleeping with my mouth open, I have a dry mouth every night, all year.

I put a chunk of a sugar-free cough drop under my tongue before falling asleep. It is surprisingly effective. I don't use a whole cough drop - I break them into two or three large pieces with a pair of pliers.

Alton, a geezer with pliers on the bedside table